1 scoop = 1 tbsp
1 scoop per 10# body weight
After Exercise: Give 1 scoop per 10# dog weight within 30 minutes of exercise. A second dose 45-60 minutes later may provide additional benefit to a very exhausted dog. Be sure to allow the dog to rest (no vigorous exercise) for at least two hours for best results.
Before Exercise: Give a half dose 15-30 minutes before exercise. This will provide a readily available source of carbohydrate for the dog to use before using stored carbohydrates thereby increasing the total carbohydrates available. If using the Glyco-Gen Shake mix in this manner, be sure to use the lowest volume of water necessary. Be sure to follow with a full dose after exercise for best results.
During Exercise: Give half doses every 45-90 minutes during long or strenuous exercise to slow depletion of glycogen from the muscles. If using the Glyco-Gen Shake mix in this manner, be sure to use the lowest volume of water necessary. Be sure to follow with a full dose after exercise for best results.
FOR THE AGILITY DOG
- If your are not using Glycogen replacement on a regular basis, give a replenishment dose - full dose the afternoon before the trial, so your dog is replenished day one of the trial.
- After each run, give one-half dose (1/2 scoop/tbsp per 10# or 1/2 bone per 20#)
- At the end of their exercise day, Give one half to a full dose (1/2 to 1 scoop/tbsp per 10# or 1/2 to 1 bone per 20#), depending on how much work your dog has performed.
- Be sure to use Glyco-Gen in training and play as well, so that you and your dog know what to expect regarding energy level and stamina. Adjust the amounts as you see fit with your dog.
- You can decrease the amounts given, but never give more than the recommended dose.
- Realizing each sport is a little different, depending on how much activity and how often, dose according to your dog's needs and energy expenditures.